If you’ve been looking at houses lately, you know they’re expensive. Like very expensive. Especially if you’re looking for a decent-sized home in a more urban area. Since there’s less space, and more competition, you end up paying a lot more for a house than you would if you wanted to live out in the country. But convenience is something you’re looking for out of your home, right? You want to be able to get places quickly, and you’d like to live where there’s something going on. If the prices of homes are making you think twice about living in the city, maybe you should consider a condo instead! Here’s five super-convincing reasons why:
- “Bye bye” Yardwork – Probably one of the most obvious benefits of a condo is all of the exterior responsibilities you’ll no longer have to deal with. You don’t have to mow the lawn, you don’t have to repair siding, and you don’t have to landscape. That’s all taken care of, so your home will look beautiful from the outside, and you’re free to spend your extra time doing exactly whatever you want!
- More Bang for Your Buck – If you’re looking for a three bedroom home, and you just can’t stomach the cost, a condo is probably a great option for you! You’ll pay much less for a three bedroom condo than you will a three bedroom, single-family home in the same area. It is important to factor in any homeowners association dues, but for the most part, with a condo you’ll get considerably more space for considerably less money.
- Sense of Community – Living in a condo, you’re surrounded by a community of people that you’ll see every day at the community center, in the pool, and even when you’re taking your garbage can to the end of the driveway! While it’s important to find a condominium complex that has similar values to you, once you do, it will provide a unique sense of community. Most complexes have community events too, where you can meet your neighbors and socialize with new people.
- Investment – While a lot of people who can’t afford a full house often turn towards an apartment, a condo is a much better investment. With an apartment, you pay rent for as long as you live in the building, and once you’re done, you’re done. You move out, and have nothing to show for your years in the complex. With a condo, you have something to show for your time in the community. You’ll be able to sell your condo, getting money back on your investment, while still benefiting from same the low-maintenance conveniences an apartment would offer.
- Amenities – An added bonus provided by condo life is access to some great amenities. Depending on the condo you choose, your community will probably have a pool, a community rec center, and even a convenient gym! What’s more, you won’t have to worry about keeping any of these centers up, as it’s all taken care of by the homeowners association. So go relax by the pool; you don’t need to lift a finger!
If condo living sounds like the right choice for you, check out Gleneagle Condominiums in Hudsonville. Located just minutes from Grand Rapids, you’ll receive all of the benefits of quiet condo life, with access to the vibrant goings-on of downtown city life whenever you choose. You can view our floorplans online, or feel free to give us a call at (616) 218-6538!